BOSTON, April 5, 2019 – Cengage, an education and technology company, won two EdTech Digest awards and six finalist recognitions across various categories as part of the 2019 EdTech Cool Tool Awards. The EdTech Awards recognize outstanding contributions in transforming education through technology to enrich the lives of learners. The annual recognition program shines a spotlight on cool tools, inspiring leaders, and innovative trendsetters.
“The EdTech Awards recognitions highlight our culture of innovation and commitment to advance the way students learn,” said George Moore, Chief Technology Officer, Cengage. “We are proud to be recognized in the industry and remain focused across all areas of our business on improving the student experience with access to quality learning materials at the most affordable prices.”
2019 Cengage EdTech Cool Tools Awards Winners include:
- Gale Courses (Best Courses / Open Learning Solutions) – Gale Courses supports libraries as educational institutions and gives community members easy access to lifelong learning opportunities including professional development, technology, and personal enrichment courses. Available 24/7, GaleCourses provides more than 360 six-week long, online programs taught by college instructors.
- National Geographic Panorama: Reading Through the Lens of Science (Best Language Arts Solution)
– This groundbreaking reading program incorporates life, Earth, and physical science strands through authentic fiction and National Geographic nonfiction. The full Panorama program is available in English and Spanish for a dual language approach.
2019 Cengage EdTech Cool Tools Awards Finalists include:
- Cengage Unlimited (Best Product or Service Setting a Trend) – The industry’s first-of-its-kind subscription for college course materials offers complete access to more than 22,000 products, including eBooks, online homework access codes and study guides.
- Gale Interactive: Human Anatomy (Best Science Solution) – Gale Interactive: Human Anatomy is an innovative learning aid that allows students to examine virtual 3D dissections and immerse themselves in interactive research.
- Medical Office Software Simulation (MOSS 3.0) (Best Curriculum and Instruction Solution) – MOSS 3.0 MindTap is designed to give students the skills they need to work with Practice Management (PM) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software in today’s busy medical offices. Addressing administrative, clinical, and billing functions, MOSS 3.0 MindTap includes readings, quizzes, and over 100 step-by-step real-world simulations.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy (Best Literacy/Reading Solution) – Miss Humblebee’s Academy is an interactive online kindergarten-readiness learning solution for children ages 3 to 6. With hundreds of lessons in Math, Science and Social Studies, Language and Literacy, Art, and Music, it brings education and fun together while providing parents with the tools to measure a child’s progress.
- SAM Challenge (Best Skills Solution) – SAM Challenge tests essential Microsoft Office and computer concepts skills to assess students’ level of proficiency, prior to enrollment, on the first day of class or at the end of the course.
- Testing & Education Reference Center (Best Career Planning Solution) – A valuable online tool used by library patrons for standardized test preparation, researching undergraduate and graduate programs, finding tuition assistance, and exploring careers.
Now in its 9th year, The EdTech Awards US-based program is the largest and most competitive recognition program in all of education technology, recognizing the biggest names in edtech – and those who soon will be. For more information on the awards visit: https://edtechdigest.com/2019-finalists-winners/. To learn more about Cengage award winners and finalists, visit: https://www.cengage.com/.
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. As the largest US-based provider of teaching and learning materials for higher education, we offer valuable options at affordable price points. Our industry-leading initiatives include Cengage Unlimited, the first-of-its-kind all-access digital subscription service. We embrace innovation to create learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. Headquartered in Boston, Cengage also serves K-12, library and workforce training markets around the world. Visit us at www.cengage.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.
Gale, a Cengage company, provides libraries with original and curated content, as well as the modern research tools and technology that are crucial in connecting libraries to learning, and learners to libraries. For more than 60 years, Gale has partnered with libraries around the world to empower the discovery of knowledge and insights – where, when and how people need it. Gale has 500 employees globally with its main operations in Farmington Hills, Michigan. For more information, please visit www.gale.com.
Follow Gale on: